Want to go through my stuff?

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...you're the fairest of them all




I think perhaps the most likely culprit of my fascination (and fanaticism) with mirrors is Lewis Carroll. I have always had a vivid imagination,  however, after first reading Alice in Wonderland in the fourth grade, and subsequently Through the Looking Glass, I became absolutely transfixed by the idea of mirrors and the worlds they could be harboring and the endless passages behind them that could take me any where I dreamed of going. I attribute this also to my significant affection for mirrors over fireplace mantles, you know, since that's where Alice's was.

The idea that a reflection could contain an entire other world was enthralling to me, and though, it was only a story, the metaphor was completely tangible. Upon the reflection of a mirror, you are truly able to see another place. Now, in most cases that place is right behind you, but the thought is still the same. It’s a wall with a window to the rest of the world around you.


I love how a mirror can deepen a room, give it life, texture…and even the semblance of more space.

Take a white room for instance. You can have a totally white room but you can also have a mirror that reflects the colors outside, making an interchangeable focal point that never gets old, since it’s objects are constantly changing with the time of day.



Clicking that link cost me $100 because the mirror on the bottom left? The Audrey? I have to have it.





I love how this mirror gives so much height to this table, but the balance of the lamps and their reflection perfectly balances them together. 

I love these lamps. I’ve wanted them for some time now but they’re so freaking expensive. I thought about getting some cheapies and spray painting them chrome..and I might just have to do that. In the meantime, I'll covet them softly.






This room seems very dark, but the white accents and mirror off-balance the gray perfectly.



Sidebar: That sofa? I has to have it. I need it. It needs me, I can hear it, "Chrisssssa, I need you"




The mirrors in this room seem like hallways that go on for an eternity.



I really love this room, I am sure mostly because of the prerequisite white, slip-covered couch, but I also love the plates and feedbag pillows. I plan to make some of my own just as soon as I have time. They’re so durable. I am sure that my being a devoted COTE DE TEXAS fan has absolutely no relevance here either *looks around*






What a fantastically great room this is. I love how perfectly the mirror matches the chair backs.




This room is so sweet and lovely. The little mirror over the bed is so adorable, but in this delicate room, so grounding as well.



The bedside mirror so perfectly fits the nautical themed room with all of its porthole goodness. The one thing that I always find the most charming is that with Interior Designers, nothing is ever an accident, every detail is well thought out decision.

Sidebar: Notice the bed? In case this is your first glimpse, it's all the rage with kids these days. See what I mean?

xo





4 comments:

  1. GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY that is a lot of blogroll stoofs!

    I don't like mirrors, but am glad they have somebody to appreciate them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! You should have seen my mess of a Google Reader before I had to subfolder stuff in preparation for my blogroll. It was siiiick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, gal. Glad I found you. Thanks so much for the link love. Can't wait to go through all your images!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails